You are here
My first laptop
First laptop purchase, second hand, through EBay.
I've just successfully won a bid on a almost new laptop, on EBay. It's a DELL INSPIRON 6400 CORE DUO 1.83GHZ - 15.4" WIDESCREEN. The specs are:
- DELL Inspiron 6400 Laptop
- Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology
- Mobile Intel CoreTM Duo T2400 1.83 GHz, 677MHz FSB. 2MB Level 2 cache
- 1GB RAM
- 128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1400 VIDEO
- 15.4" Wide TFT XGA Display (1280X800)True Life
- 80GB SATA HDD
- 8X DVD+/-RW Combo Drive with dual layer write capabilities.
- XP Pro
- Integrated stereo sound
- Integrated v.92 56K capable modem
- Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
- Intel Pro/Wireless 3945 802.11 a/b/g Mini Card Wireless
- 1 PC Card slots
- IEEE 1394
- 4-USB 2.0 (Universal Serial Bus) compliant 4-pin connectors
- 5-in-1 Flash Memory reader (Memory Stick/ Pro, SD, MMC, xD)
- Video: 15-pin monitor connector
- S-Video: 7-pin mini-DIN connector
- Audio jacks: Stereo headphones/speakers mini-connector (same as line-out), microphone mini-connector
- Li-Ion Battery
- AC/DC Adapter.
I haven't used ebay for a few years, and my gf has been making fun of me because for the last 4 days or so, I have been glued to it monitoring the prices of laptops on ebay, and trying to win a bid.
The last time I used ebay was back in uni days for buying various books and star trek videos.. yay ;) but I needed a laptop for my trop to Sydney in January.. and I want to be able to sit on my bed or go outside, and do work too, rather then be confined to my desk.
I got the laptop for $1150, but if I was to buy this laptop new, it would be at least $1700 from dell.com.au with all the extras.
Anyway.. I have only just paid for it, so it will take a few days for the payment to show up at the sellers end, and for the laptop to be sent from Adelaide to Perth. Will post an update when I receive it (all things going to plan of course).